Recipe of the Week: WACKeroni n' Cheese
This dish is fairly quick to prepare, and can be refrigerated overnight making it a really fun, really easy way to feed a lot of people! Wackeroni and cheese is perfect for game day, awkward family BBQ’s, graduation ceremonies and many more social events ! If stored overnight, just warm up in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
SIDE NOTE: This dish is a great way to guarantee that all of your friends will be completely immobile for at least 30 minutes after consuming.
1 lb macaroni elbows
1 package of pancetta
1 clove of garlic
36 oz of sharp cheddar cheese
1 pint of heavy whipping cream
1 stick of butter
1 bottle of Wacky Sauce
- Finely chop onions and garlic on a cutting board.
- In a large pan, fry the pancetta on medium heat until browned and crisp. Once done, add butter until fully melted.
- Once butter is fully melted, add onions and garlic into the pan and turn the heat to high.
- Fill a large pot with water and turn on high heat. Once water comes to a boil, add macaroni.
- Once the onions begin to brown, turn the burner to medium/low and add the full pint of heavy cream.
- Stir mixture in pan as you begin to add shredded cheese. As you stir, cheese should fully melt into the creamy cheese concoction.
- Strain pasta, and place back into the pot. Add olive oil to strained pasta to prevent it from sticking together.
- Mix the creamy cheese concoction into the large pot of pasta. Once fully mixed, pour the full mixture into a large greased pan.
- ADD WACKY SAUCE!!!!
- Cover the top of the mac n’ cheese with breadcrumbs (if you want to get WILD, you can used crushed up Doritos, Cheetos, or any other fun snack)
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees (or until breadcrumbs brown)
- Remove from the oven and enjoy!!!
Tag us @wackysauce on Instagram so we can see the final product!